Torah in Motion is thrilled to present the 14th annual:
JEWISH MEDICAL ETHICS CONFERENCE
NIAGARA FALLS, ONTARIO
MAY 18 - 21, 2023
Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
- Weekend Retreat for Doctors and non-doctors with meaningful programs for all!
- Delicious Kosher Meals, Beautiful Shabbat Atmosphere
- The focus of this year’s conference will be issues of mental health and its impact on practice, halacha and family life.
- We will have parallel sessions, text-based learning, panel discussions, and our favorite Q&A during seudat shlishit.
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview is a 4 Diamond AAA approved property located in the heart of the Fallsview district in Niagara Falls, Canada.
- Substance Abuse
- Recognition and Prevention
- The Recovering Addict
- Integration in the Community
- Mental Health Issues in Halacha
- Can a depressed person turn on music on Shabbos?
- Can an autistic child be fed non-kosher ice cream to calm him down?
- Transgender Issues - Halachic Issues for Physicians During the Conversion Process
- Endocrinologist recommends monthly hormonal injections by GP who is orthodox: may GP administer them?
- Can an endocrinologist see/consult on a patient wishing to undergo transition?
- Transgender Individuals in an Orthodox Community
- Must the transgender status be disclosed?
- Can the transgender parent send kids to the local community cheder/school?
Past conferences have qualified for 15 CME credits.