In Collaboration with Ematai
Torah in Motion is thrilled to present the 14th annual:
JEWISH MEDICAL ETHICS CONFERENCE
MAY 18 - 21, 2023 in Toronto
with a Focus on Mental Health
Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel & Suites
600 Highway 7, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
JOIN Jewish Medical Ethics WhatsApp group
Join our world class speakers for meaningful discussion, and a beautiful Shabbat atmosphere
Past conferences have qualified for 15 CME credits
- Weekend Retreat for Doctors and non-doctors with meaningful programs for all!
- Delicious Kosher Meals, Beautiful Shabbat Atmosphere
- The focus of this year’s conference will be issues of mental health and its impact on practice, halacha and family life.
- We will have parallel sessions, text-based learning, panel discussions, and our favourite Q&A during seuda shlisheet.
- Substance Abuse
- Recognition and Prevention
- The Recovering Addict
- Integration in the Community
- Suicide Prevention and Coping
- The Living Will
- Why should I have one and what should it say?
- Mental Health Issues in Halacha
- Can a depressed person turn on music on Shabbos?
- Can an autistic child be fed non-kosher ice cream to calm him down?
- Organ Donation and Halacha
- Can we accept organs; can we donate organs?
(Click on a speaker to see their other classes.)
2023 JME Schedule126.02 KBDr. Michelle Akerman605.79 KBDr. Lazer Friedman496.87 KBDr. Michelle Friedman821.42 KBRabbi Dr. Aaron Glatt8.98 MBRabbi Professor Avraham Steinberg5.35 MB