Join Torah in Motion for a unique and intellectually inspiring trip to Italy designed by Dr. Marc Shapiro.
- See the Colosseum, and learn about it's Jewish story
- Visit the beautiful town of Pitigliano, and learn about its Jewish significance
- Experience Shabbat in Florence, one of Europe’s most magnificent cities
- Walk the streets of Venice, a city unlike any other
- Sample the wine at a kosher winery
We'll be visiting Rome, Tuscany, Pitigliano, Florence, Pisa, Ferrara, and Venice. This trip promises to be an unforgettable Italian experience, with a focus on places of Jewish interest. A central feature of the tour will be Dr. Shapiro's expert discussions of the many places we will visit, making the trip nothing less than a travelling classroom. In addition, we will be joined by expert local guides who will provide their own angle. Before departure, Dr. Shapiro will send participants an educational packet that will be used on the trip.
And of course, in addition to the special Torah in Motion educational and spiritual nourishment, the Journey Through Jewish History in Italy will feature:
- luxury hotels in prime locations;
- Three fresh kosher meals daily; and
- expert local tour guides for sites of general interest.