Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your personal information and to making you aware of our online practices regarding the privacy of your information.
Torah in Motion ("TiM") only collects personally identifying information as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, banking information about donors, customers, volunteers and event participants for fundraising, public education and advocacy purposes, program and service delivery, as well as to establish, maintain, and manage our relationship with you.
The information TiM collects is the minimum amount we need to demonstrate and maintain a service, volunteer, participant, donor or program relationship with you. This includes:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- donation information such as date of gift, amount of gift, the campaign you sponsored
- financial information such as your payment methods and preferences, billing and banking information (credit card number and expiry date or chequing account transit numbers, in order to process your donation); for online financial transactions such as donations and program registrations, we process standard credit card information (card number, card type and expiration date) via a secure, 128-bit encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) session. SSL is the proven standard for secure web transactions.
- some of the information TiM collects is needed in order to satisfy the requirements of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) (e.g. income tax receipts).
We will disclose personally identifiable information when required to do so by law or by order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental tribunal.
How the Information is Used
As explained above, TiM uses your personal information for fundraising, to process donations, to respond to requests for products and information.
We may also use the information you provide to us in the following ways:
- to assist in the development of new programs and events
- to provide donation recipients with summary or aggregate information about our donations, programs
- to create a better relationship with you through news letters
- for internal research purposes
We do not sell, rent, swap or otherwise share our mailing lists with external organizations. Any personal information you provide to TorahinMotion.org will not be disseminated to third parties outside of TiM.
We may use the information that is not personally identifiable to analyze the design and functioning of our site in order to make site improvements.
How the Information is Shared
TiM shares your personal information only with employees and/or volunteers who require such information to establish, manage and maintain our relationship with you. We may also disclose your personal information to third party service providers whom we engage to mail our fundraising material, process your donation, or answer your inquiry. These third party providers only have access to personal information that is needed to perform the related function and may not use it for any other purpose.